Sex and marriage
A nun is called the Bride of Christ, she may wear a beautiful wedding dress when she takes her vows and she may wear a wedding ring afterwards. Despite this being married to Jesus isn’t about sex, Jesus never comes to the many nuns he’s married and Jesus never gives them what a loving wife wants from her husband. So for many nuns their marriage to Jesus is about being sexually frustrated and hoping to meet Jesus in Heaven. Some nuns can accept being virgins for Jesus, others have relationships with priests and/or other men, even with other women, they can always go to confession afterwards. 
Having a baby
Being a nun means never having a baby as most married women do, at least a nun can’t get pregnant unless she’s broken her vows. Can a nun conceive a baby immaculately the way Roman Catholics
imagine believe try to convince themselves Jesus was conceived? People think that’s a mockery. Well an ice cream company put out advertisements in the UK featuring a nun who they pretended had conceived immaculately and Roman Catholics felt insulted, Roman Catholics even tried to get it banned, see
- Pregnant nun ice cream advert banned for 'mockery'
- 'Pregnant nun' ice cream advert banned after Catholic outcry (on eve of Pope's visit)
But the lady in the advertisement looks attractive.
Less attractive sex
There are complaints that Roman Catholic priests exploits nuns sexually and that the Vatican does little to protect victims. This happens especially in the Third World where women are conditioned to be subservient to men, in Africa nuns are seen as safer than sex workers as they are less likely to carry HIV. Getting a certificate to work in a particular diocese could depend on the nun having sex with the priest in charge.
23 countries are specifically mentioned as places where abuse happens, not all are Third World:
Botswana, Burundi, Brazil, Colombia, Ghana, India, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tonga, Uganda, United States, Zambia, Zaire, Zimbabwe. Sex between priest and nun can be consensual which is not necessarily abusive but coercive sex is a big problem.
"Groups of sisters from local congregations have made passionate appeals for help to members of international congregations and explain that, when they themselves try to make representations to church authorities about harassment by priests, they simply ‘are not heard.’Frequently the nun is forced to leave the congregation with no means of support while the priest is moved to another area and continues as a priest. 
In another context a Roman Catholic spokesman said
|“||Cardinal Bergoglio had a special place in his heart and his ministry for the poor, for the disenfranchised, for those living on the fringes and facing injustice,||”|
We wait to see if Pope Francis, formerly Cardinal Bergoglio acts to deal with injustice and oppression within the Roman Catholic Church itself. If he doesn't sooner or later Francis will face charges of hypocrisy.
Physical and psychological abuse
During the late 20th Century this was a problem, see what former num, Karen Armstrong had to say:-
But the sisters ran a cruel regime. Armstrong was required to mortify her flesh with whips and wear a spiked chain around her arm. When she spoke out of turn, she claims she was forced to sew at a treadle machine with no needle for a fortnight. Is this type of abuse still happening now in the 21st Century? Abuse probably is still happening in more backward convents and in more backward parts of the world. We'll probably have to wait till yet another dissatisfied former nun speaks out before we know for sure what's happening today.
Pope Francis in his inaugural mass said he personally must be inspired by the weakest.  Nuns and religious sisters who become victims of sexual exploitation are not necessarily the very weakest but they are weaker than their exploiters. Time will tell how much Francis will do to protect them.
|“||Well what does [radical feminist] mean [in that context]? Anything more than the vote and equal pay for equal work, pretty much. It means, basically, thinking there’s anything wrong with treating the female half of the population as an afterthought.||”|
The Vatican is really displeased with the Leadership Conference of Women Religious that speaks for 80% of the 57,000 nuns in the USA. The Vatican wants the nuns to help fight their battle about abortion, birth control and homosexuality but the nuns care more about economic justice and poverty.  Caring about poverty!!! That’s scandalous. And those nuns dare to contradict male bishops, and encourage "radical feminism". Not all at the Vatican agreed about what to do.  Male overseers have been appointed to try and get the nuns to behave but as of August 2012 the nuns weren't complying.  Information about the situation since August 2012 is in general hard to find but the LCWR have some support. The Conference were given the Herbert Haag Prize for 2013 for Freedom in the Church. 
|“||While Pope Francis has received great press for his symbolic gestures of openness and warmth and humility, the real test of how different he would be from his predecessors was when he was confronted with decisions that had significant consequences.||”|
- There are plenty of men in the RC Church holding heretical views of various kinds.
- Why did the pope crack down on the women so early in his reign?
- Was this opposition to heresy or opposition to feminism?
- Alternatively did men in the Curia opposed to feminism simply put this issue into the pope's in-tray rather than issues involving male heretics?
We don't know yet. A year from now we should know whether male heretics face similar harshness.
- ↑ Vatican Admits Priests are Raping Nuns Around the World;AIDS exacerbates sexual exploitation of nuns, reports allege;Vatican: Priests Have Been Raping Nuns to Avoid Hookers with HIV;Vatican Confirms Widespread Rape Of Nuns By Priests In 23 Countries;Nasty habits: nun’s sex and torture tell all;Ex-nun's confessions set to rock Kerala Church
- ↑ CNN Vatican analyst: Pope Francis' name choice 'precedent shattering'
- ↑ Pope Francis in plea for poor as inauguration Mass held
- ↑ The pope still hates “radical feminists”
- ↑ US nuns won't 'compromise mission'
- ↑ A Vatican cardinal pulls back the curtain
- ↑ Nuns pushing back;An American Nun Responds To Vatican Criticism;US nuns tell the Vatican to go to hell
- ↑ “Rebel” nuns receive religious freedom award
- ↑ Pope Francis maintains Vatican stance against US nuns' group
- ↑ Recent LCWR statements – context for the Holy See’s smackdown
- ↑ Pope Francis fails a test