Christian evangelism is coercive and psychologically abusive in many parts of the world. Liberal Christians are generally far better than those responsible for the abuses cited below.
Christian evangelism in Singapore
In Singapore is claimed Christians evangelise in schools in ways that can damage children psychologically. Youngsters still at school are told their parents will go to Hell for worshiping idols. The general attitude of the evangelists is psychologically coercive and scornful of those who disagree with them. Respect for other faiths though traditional in Singapore is disregarded. As in the United States Christians of this type have reached positions of influence and this is causing closed mindedness. Also teaching evolution has stopped in many Singapore schools. A Christian teacher told a girl of 11 -12 to go to church despite her Buddhist parents not wanting this. Boys in the Scouts and the Boys’ Brigade are taken to church and given Bible instruction without their parents knowledge.  In another case a school principle disciplined a teacher for praying over pupils and including religious notes in lessons. At least one bloger advocates Christians breaking the law in order to preach to Non-Christian children. 
Singapore has a different additude to what is allowed from the UK and the USA, until recently Chick Tracts were banned.   Now why could Muslims get material critical of their religion banned more easily than the more peaceful Buddhists and Taoists? Still it seems this has changed and Chick Tracts are now allowed. 
Christian evangelism in India
Girls from Hindu families at a Christian missionary school were given copies of the New Testament and pressured to make a personal committment to Jesus. The parents of these girls found out and were understandibly outraged, exaggerated reports of this outrage were circulated in western media, labelled "persecution of Christians and used to persuade westerners to give more to Christian missions. 
- ↑ Our Christian jihadists
- ↑ Singapore schools forbid evangelism
- ↑ How the lack of common sense can destroy a faith
- ↑ Loopy evangelical tracts land Singapore couple in jail
- ↑ Singapore authorities allow access to Chick.com
- ↑ Their Other "Dirty" Linen: Evangelism's Quest to Conquer the World
- Their Other "Dirty" Linen: Evangelism's Quest to Conquer the World This is about missionaries exploiting vulnerable Third World people, long article about harmful and morally questionable methods of Missionaries in India.
- Dirty Secrets of Christian Evangelism -- Christian missionary work in Third World countries.
- How I Walked Away -- about a young American who first believed the evangelists at Campus crusades but later saw through it all.